Fast, accurate results with a tiny blood sample (0.4 μL)Fast, accurate results with our smallest sample sizeChecks each result 500 times & corrects for interferencesSide fill test strip – great for righties and lefties
Before using the OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strips, carefully read your meter’s Owner’s Booklet and inserts that come with the test strips.How do I insert the OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strip into the meter?
Insert the OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strip into the test strip port with the gold size of the test strip and the two silver prongs facing you.How much blood do I need for the OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strip?
The OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strips require only 0.4 μL of blood.How do I apply blood on the OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strip?
How should I store my OneTouch Ultra® Plus Test Strips?
- When you insert the test strip into the meter, the Apply Blood screen appears on the display. You can then apply your blood sample to either side of the test strip (to the opening of the channel).
- Be sure to apply your sample immediately after you get a drop of blood.
- Holding the meter at a slight angle, guide the channel to the blood drop.
- When it touches your sample, the test strip wicks blood into the channel. The channel should fill completely.
- The channel turns red and the meter will count down from 5 to 1.
- Blood should not be applied on the top of the test strip or to the top edge of the test strip.
When should I use OneTouch Ultra® Plus Control Solutions?
- Keep test strips in a cool, dry place between 5°C and 30°C. The meter and test strips should be about the same temperature before you test. Do not test if there is condensation (water build-up) on the meter. Move your meter and test strips to a cool, dry spot and wait for the meter surface to dry before testing.
- Do not open the test strip vial until you are ready to remove a test strip and perform a test. Use the test strip immediately after removing it from the vial.
- Tightly close the cap on the vial immediately after use to avoid contamination and damage.
- Store unused test strips only in their original vial.
- Do not return the used test strip to the vial after performing a test.
- Do not re-use a test strip that had blood, control solution, or any contaminants applied to it. Test strips are for single use only.
- With clean, dry hands, you may touch the test strip anywhere on its surface. Do not bend, cut or modify the test strip in any way.
- Do not use test strips after the expiration or discard date, whichever comes first.
- When you first open a vial of test strips, record the discard date on the label. Refer to the test strip insert or vial label for instructions on determining the discard date.
You should perform a control solution test:
What is the purpose of using OneTouch Ultra® Plus Control Solution?
- Whenever you open a new vial of test strips
- If you suspect that the meter or test strips are not working properly
- If you have had repeated unexpected blood glucose results
- If you drop or damage the meter
OneTouch Ultra® Plus Control Solutions are used to check that the blood glucose meter and test strips are working together properly and that the test is performing correctly.What control solution should I use with OneTouch Ultra® Plus brand meters & test strips?
Only use OneTouch Ultra® Plus control solution, Level 3 (Mid) or Level 4 (High) with your OneTouch Ultra® brand meters and test strips.